Top Navigation

Nearly 1000 people blocked from entering France, minister says – Europe Online Magazine

By our dpa-correspondent and Europe Online    auf Facebook posten  Auf Twitter posten  
Paris (dpa) – Nearly 1,000 people have been blocked from entering French territory since the country implemented new border controls and a state of emergency following a series of terrorist attacks in Paris, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Saturday.

“Since the establishment of border control, nearly 1,000 people were prevented from entering national territory because of the risk that these people could represent to the public order and security of our country,” Cazeneuve was quoted by France Info as saying.

France declared a state of emergency after a November 13 coordinated series of terrorist attacks on a national stadium, concert hall, bars and restaurants left 130 people dead and more than 350 injured.

Earlier this week, the minister said that 124 people have been charged and police have conducted 1,233 searches since the state of emergency went into effect. It gives broader judicial authority to the state, including an expanded police mandate for searches and house arrests.

On Monday, more than 40,000 people are expected for an international climate conference set to begin in Paris under increased security measures.

Source

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply


*

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes