It’s been only a month since the game went gold and now we’re on the final stretch until the global release next week. That doesn’t mean you can’t play it until then, however. Forza Horizon 3 is already available for early access through its Ultimate Edition.
As with most video games in our day, it doesn’t come without a few issues. Forza Community Manager Brian Ekberg posted a current list of known issues for Forza Horizon 3 yesterday.
- Xbox Live Silver account players are unable to access Social & Rivals tabs.
- In multiplayer players may see players jump under poor network conditions.
- Some performance stalls when free-roaming.
- Certain eligible players have still not received their Warthog code
- Microphones sometimes aren’t being detected for ANNA on PC
- Can’t start a convoy on wheel unless you create a custom wheel profile.
- Moving the mouse during races on PC causes the game to swap briefly to mouse control.
- Logitech G27 not recognised on PC.
- Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition not recognised in UI, can’t save settings (PC).
- Support for all Thrustmaster TX variants to be added on PC.
- Accelerator/Decelerator deadzones don’t work on PC.
- Improved Advanced Controller Options for Wheels coming to PC in our next update.
- Unable to rewind when returning to Solo from co-op and online free-roam.
- Club member status doesn’t update unless you reboot.
- Visual vehicle upgrades occasionally don’t apply without a reboot.
- Racing line can disappear when saving settings on PC.
- Visible pop-in of objects when switching to/from cockpit camera for the first time on AMD cards.
- FPS can fluctuate when running unlocked on PC.
- Players may see the “Failed to open a connection. Check if your network allows IPSEC connections, and try again.” error. This issue can happen after suspending or when trying to quickly reconnect to a server previously connected to.
- If seeing QoS failures, verify port 3075 unblocked for UDP traffic in their router firewall.
- PC players must have the Windows firewall enabled in order to play online.
- Logitech G29 PlayStation wheel UI button prompts are incorrect.
- Logitech MOMO can’t access events without using a keyboard.
They also made a note that the controller hot-swapping would be coming in a future update but there is not a current ETA.
The Ultimate Edition has a price tag of $100 USD but it comes with a long list of content and exclusives. Beyond the early access, it includes the VIP Membership, the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass, and more to get you on your way. Furthermore, if you purchase the Ultimate Edition before launch on September 27, then you will also be given the Forza Horizon 2 Rockstar Car Pack and Forza Motorsport 6 Meguiar’s Car Pack as an exclusive initiative.
If you’re ready to speed your way into the Australian outback today, pick up your copy on the Microsoft store.